Sunday, August 25, 2013

the beach

i go down to the beach in the
  afternoon
and because of the time the tides pull
  the water out in tugs of strength.
my feet dance in the froth
  and my toes dig into the sand
my mind says I will win this dance and
  I am to stand straight as the water surges and
circles and tries to unearth my feet.
i waiver but do not lose my balance,
 and I say -- oh, i am winning against
 this tug of mighty ocean and me
until i am slapped in the thigh by a
  wave of majesty and my feet pulled
  out from me -
and I laughingly land up in its almighty
  wet arms of majesty
drenched from head to foot
and a mighty roar is heard from the ocean in the deep -
as another wave fast approaches
and a gentle breeze is felt as the waters rushing in lick
the sand of the shore in its glee.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment